Hello , So hwz your long weekend going on .. mine is pretty bright .. I had Idli sambhar in breakfast and same for lunch 😀 I simply love <3 south indian cuisines.Today I thought of sharing with you one of my recent and best research for skin care i.e. Bentonite clay . I guess very few of us know benefits of bentonite clay in skin and hair care recipe ..mmm.. atleast I am new to it.
Bentonite is mined from the earth, and it’s formed after volcanic ash has weathered and aged in the presence of water. It has a strong negative electromagnetic charge, and when activated by water, it acts like a magnet in and on our bodies, pulling metals and toxins to it.
I recently spoke about facial oil cleansing and hair detox method which are sure ways to cleanse the impurities from skin and hair. Bentonite clay is widely used in removing toxins from body in various ways.I am most excited for its use in skin and hair care.
Bentonite clay is also consumed internally as a drink for detoxification in many parts of the world but I haven’t tried it and not planning to do so in near future 🙂 will keep it using externally for some skin and hair DIY.
Benefits and uses of Bentonite clay –
- As a bath soak for removing toxins from body – Add 1-2 tsps of bentonite clay in bath tub/bucket and soak your body and relax.Clay will absorb toxins released from your body and leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed.
- Helps unclogs the skin pores and shrinks them – It doesn’t matter if you have oily skin or not , at some point of time your pores will clog due to use of comedogenic skin products and external pollution. Bentonite clay when used as a mask will help you in unclogging and shrinking pores.
- Helps in overproduction of sebum – Oily skin , humid environment , over exposure to pollution all these results to overproduction of sebum. Skin with excess sebum is more prone to bacteria which results in breakouts and other skin disorders.
- Helps in minimising blackheads and whiteheads – Blackhead and whitehead is my major skin concern.Due to overproduction of sebum, which cause blocks within the hair follicles on the skin , results in blackhead and whitehead.
- Makes skin soft and glowing by removing toxins – Bentonite clay has a very strong negative electrical charge. Since many toxins have a positive charge, the clay bonds to them. When it comes in contact with a toxin, heavy metal, chemical, or other impurity, the clay will gobble up the toxin and release its minerals for the body to use.
- Bentonite clay allows Cells to Receive More Oxygen – Bentonite clay helps to get oxygen into the cells because it has the ability to pull excess hydrogen from the cells, leaving room for oxygen to take its place.This helps with circulation, and overall skin tone and health.
- Used on the Skin to Heal Eczema, Dermatitis & Psoriasis – Bentonite clay is also known as healing clay. It can be used externally for various medical skin issues .When combined with water and left to dry on the skin as a clay mask, the clay is able to bind to bacteria and toxins living on the surface of the skin and within pores to extract these from the pours. This helps to reduce the outbreak of blemishes, redness and acne.
- Clay can be used in place of toxic face powder-Bentonite clay can even be used instead of face powder. Free from any damaging ingredients, clay is a safe, non-toxic cosmetic staple that every woman should have.
- Bentonite clay as tooth powder – When mixed with your regular toothpaste clay will fight with tooth decay , bad breath and cavities.
- As a hair cleanser – Bentonite clay is also widely used as a hair cleanser. It effectively removes dirt and excess oil and keep your hair fresh and clean.
So these are the few benefits of this magical clay. I will be soon posting a DIY face masque using Bentonite clay and let you know the results.Keep looking the space for more DIY bentonite clay recipes .
Have you ever used bentonite clay ? How ? Lemme know plssss.
Disclaimer: What suits me , may not suit everyone.Always do a patch test before trying new products on skin or hair specially if you have sensitive skin. Always consult medical practitioner before consuming anything orally.Pregnant women take special precautions.