Hello beauties 🙂 I recently posted about benefits and uses of bentonite clay and in past 2 weeks I tried it in different ways as facemask/pack. Bentonite clay is also known as Indian healing clay, the name itself tells its healing properties.Today we will see different face mask recipes using bentonite clay for different skin types.
Few important points before moving to the face mask recipes
- Always use a wooden or plastic bowl and spatula to prepare face packs using bentonite clay as it consists mostly of negative ions and when used with metal bowls it might react abnormally and loose its goodness.
- Always do a patch test before trying bentonite clay as a facepack.
- A little redness is usually noticed after applying face pack .If you have sensitive skin please use as per your tolerance level.
- Usually it’s not drying but it is advised to follow-up with good moisturizer.
- My suggestion is to use it before bedtime or early morning i.e. atleast 3-4 hours before going out.
- Using a good sunscreen in day time is always prescribed.
- Never rub hard while washing face pack instead pat water and use a cloth to gently remove clay mask.
Bentonite clay mask for dry skin ingredients
- bentonite clay – 2 tsp
- honey – 1 tsp
- jojoba oil or oilve oil ( 5-10 drops)
- warm water
Mix all above ingredients in a bowl and form a thick consistency. Apply a thick layer over face and neck . Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash with luke warm water gently. Apply your favourite serum or cream.
Bentonite clay mask for blemish free skin ingredients
- Bentonite clay 2-3 tsp
- apple cider vinegar – diluted
Mix both of them. Apply a thick layer over face and neck . Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash with luke warm water gently. Apply your favourite serum or cream.
Bentonite clay mask for acne prone/oily skin ingredients
- Bentonite clay
- Tea tree essential oil – 2 drops only
- activated charcoal – optional 1 tsp
Mix them. Apply a thick layer over face and neck . Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash with luke warm water gently. Apply your favourite serum or cream.
Bentonite clay mask for normal/combination skin ingredients
- Bentonite clay
- aloe vera gel
- sandalwood powder – optional
mix them , apply it liberally all over face and neck , let it dry and wash afterwards gently.
Like other DIY face packs you can always mix ingredients which suits your skin type.Few to mention – neem powder , lemon peel powder , orange peel powder and essential oils like lavender and rosemary. Do try these masks I bet you will love it .
Also let me know if you have any good mask recipes I would love to try them.