Hello everyone..!! Winter are heading and most of us are worried about our crowning glory.Usually my hair starts getting dull and drier in cold weather and they need some extra TLC. So Today I thought of sharing an easy homemade Olive-Egg hair mask for Dry and Damaged hair.
What we need for hair pack
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Eggs (both white and yolk) – I take 2 eggs for my waist length hair.
- Lavender essential oil (optional)
Also read :
Olive oil has enormous beauty benefits and it is extremely beneficial for providing moisture to hairs.It controls frizz very well.
When it comes to Egg it is a protein pack.Whenever used as hair pack it conditions and strengthens our locks.On regular use it has ability to improve the hair texture to great extent.
Lavender essential oil is well known for its calming and relaxing properties.This beauty oil is widely used in hair recipes for combating hair loss.you can use any essential oil for e.g. rosemary oil .
How to prepare Olive-Egg hair mask
- Take a bowl and crack egg in it. Use egg quantity as per length and volume of your hair.For shoulder length hairs one egg is sufficient.
- Pour olive oil and beat it very well just like you do it for omelette (yummm !!)
- Mix 4-5 drops of essential oil.
- Apply this mixture with the help of hair pack brush or you can use your hands (whichever comfortable).
- Put a shower cap and keep it for at-least 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Wash and shampoo as usual.
- Let them dry naturally.
Important tips :
- Never wash egg mask with warm or hot water it might cook up there 😛 .Always use cool water.
- Never leave this mask for longer than 1 hour otherwise it may harden up and will be difficult to remove.
- Use a shower cap or even a polythene available at your home to cover head.
- Always remember egg stinks !!!
It’s a very hydrating hair mask.I already have healthy hair but they get dry. You can see the difference after applying egg mask – Yes they got the texture and smoothness. Do try and share your thoughts with me 🙂
P.S. – After pic is taken in the evening that’s why little blurred.