Ultimate Sunscreen guide
We all are aware how important is sunscreen for us !! Not only in summers but all year around . Basically sunscreen help prevent the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation from reaching the skin. Two types of ultraviolet radiation, UVA and UVB, damage the skin, age it prematurely, and increase your risk of skin diseases.
In terms of normal beauty harmful rays simply darkens your skin , damages it from within and results in wrinkles , pigmentation and freckles which obviously we don’t want.
When and how to apply sunscreen – Sunscreen Guide
- UV radiation is at peak around 10 AM -4 PM . Our skin needs special attention this time. It doesn’t matter if you are indoors , apply sunscreen to all open parts like face ,neck , hands , feet liberally.
- How often – Usually in a gap of every 2 hours we need to apply sunscreen for better protection.
- How much – Honestly it is personal choice , I personally take half dollop for my face and neck and 2 good dollops for my hand and 1 dollop for feet.
What is SPF – Sunscreen Guide
SPF or Sun Protection Factor is a measure of a sunscreen’s ability to prevent UVB from damaging the skin. Usually SPF 15 is the minimum we need in our sunscreen , it blocks around 93% of harmful radiations.
SPF 30 blocks 97 percent and SPF 50 blocks 98 percent. And honestly above this no SPF can majorly protect your skin – they are just numbers.
I personally prefer SPF 50 🙂
How to choose sunscreen for yourself – Sunscreen Guide
- Select a sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection, UVA / UVB protection. UVA penetrates deeper into the skin and is the major contributor to skin damage and wrinkles, whereas, UVB leads to sunburn and responsible for the immediate tanned look.
- Look out for water resistant sunscreen because a little sweat can also wash the sunscreen.
- If you are on budget or hate to pile up different skin products , you can simply go for 2 in 1 products like day creams with spf or your favourite BB cream which also has SPF.
- Select a physical sunscreen that has titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as ingredients.
- You can also use face wipes with sunscreen in it .
My personal recommendations